WHAT IS FORMAV?
Forma V is a non-invasive delivery of radiofrequency (RF) to heat the internal and external tissues of the vagina to help with a variety of concerns.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
During treatment, RF energy is applied to the interior vaginal canal and exterior labia. This deeply stimulates the vaginal tissue to encourage the body to increase its production of collagen and elastin as well as increase blood flow to the area. Studies have shown that radio-frequency resolved vaginal dryness and stress urinary incontinence better than any laser treatments.
WHAT DOES FORMAV TREAT?
- Bladder leakage, urinary urgency, painful urination, or recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Vaginal laxity caused by childbirth, aging, genetics, or trauma
- Vaginal dryness
- Mild undesired appearance
- Poor vaginal lubrication during intercourse, discomfort or pain with intercourse, and impaired sexual function
- Chronic vaginal infections
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Most patients find these treatments to be comfortable; even describing them like a “hot stone massage”. Each treatment lasts about 30 minutes and scheduled 4 weeks apart.
- Discontinue any irritating topical agents for 2-3 days prior to treatment
- Acyclovir or Valacyclovir should be taken for prophylaxis if prone to HSV outbreak
- Hair should be shaved from the treatment area within 48 hours prior to treatment
- If waxing or chemically removing hair, please allow skin to heal prior to treatment
- Please empty bladder prior to treatment
- Please empty bladder immediately after treatment
- Avoid very hot water for at least 2 days
- Avoid mechanical contact for at least 2 days
- Contact clinic if any signs of infection, excessive swelling, pain, or other undesired symptoms