What is AVIVA?
Aviva is a minimally invasive, non-surgical alternative to a labiaplasty (a surgical procedure to reduce the size of the labia).
How does it work?
Done under local anesthesia in the office, the Aviva procedure can tighten loose skin by 30%, improve vaginal aesthetics, enhance satisfaction during intercourse, minimize discomfort with physical activity, and improve a patient’s confidence.
Is Aviva safe?
Aviva is a safe, effective, and non-excisional alternative that provides reduced downtime and minimal, if any, visible scarring compared to surgical procedures.
Why does the labia become enlarged?
Enlarged labia can occur naturally in some women, while others experience labial distension following childbirth, as they age, or with weight changes.
Who is a good candidate for Aviva?
Any woman who would like to improve the overall appearance and function of the labia. This is a great option for those that experience discomfort or pain during physical activities or intimate contact.
- Discontinue any irritating topical agents 2-3 days prior to treatment.
- Intentional tanning should also be avoided.
- Discontinue any medications that may alter healing time 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If medically permitted, anticoagulants should be stopped 1-2 weeks prior to treatment. Please talk with a Nurse or Provider prior to stopping any of your medications.
- Hair should be shaved in the treatment area 1-2 days prior to treatment. No waxing or chemical hair removal.
- Remove any jewelry from the treatment area.
- Void before procedure.
- Apply compression garments for 48 hours after treatment, then nightly for up to 2 weeks.
- Cleanse the treatment area with a mild soap and lukewarm water after 48 hours.
- Avoid any irritating products for up to 3 weeks.
- Avoid any ice or NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, etc) for a minimum of 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid mechanical contact for at least 2 weeks.