Radiofrequency feminine health for both appearance and function
Our team uses FORMA V, along with a number of other vaginal wellness and cosmetic gynecology treatments to help women improve vaginal health. Childbirth, pregnancy, hormonal changes, and aging all play a role in the health and appearance of vaginal tissue, sexual function, and urinary health.
What is Forma V?
Forma V is a revolutionary method of vaginal health to increase collagen and elastin. Forma V uses the power of radio frequency (RF) energy that is applied inside and outside the vagina. This is a non-invasive procedure administered in the office.
How does it work?
During treatment, RF energy is applied to the interior vaginal canal and exterior labia. This deeply stimulates the vaginal tissue and encourages the body to increase its production of collagen and elastin in this area. This new collagen and elastin is firmer and allows the skin to expand and contract comfortably, giving results you can both see and feel.
Studies have shown that radio frequency-resolved vaginal dryness and stress urinary incontinence better than any previous laser treatments.
What to expect?
Nervous about treating yourself? Don’t be. During treatment, RF energy is applied to the interior vaginal canal and exterior labia. These treatments are relatively pain-free. With a single-use wand, we deliver topical RF heat that heats the internal vaginal walls and external labia. Patients can expect a tightening of the muscles of the pelvic floor to increase muscle tone and blood circulation. Many people say it feels like a hot stone massage.
Patients can expect to get 2-3 treatments, spaced about 4 weeks apart. Yearly maintenance treatments may be recommended to maintain results. Patients getting a FormaV treatment can expect to feel a heating sensation during treatment and for several hours afterward. Some patients experience no discomfort while others report slight discomfort during and immediately after treatment. There is no downtime with FormaV and patients may resume normal activities following treatment.
Forma V Treats:
- Urinary leakage
- An urgent need to urinate, painful urination, or recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Vaginal laxity caused by childbirth, aging, genetics, or trauma
- Vaginal dryness, burning sensations, or irritation
- Poor vaginal lubrication during intercourse, discomfort or pain with intercourse, and impaired sexual function
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR FORMA V?
- Women who experience vaginal laxity
- If you are suffering from vaginal dryness
- Women who are experiencing pain with or impaired sexual function
- The need for a pad every day due to urinary leakage/incontinence
- Women looking for a less invasive procedure compared to Morpheus8 V